Monday, September 22, 2014

"You Watched Me"


































"Help me."


He was standing at the top of the homemade ladder, which was positioned as a ramp with the lower end in the wood chips and the upper atop one of the cedar rounds that line our sand pit.


I said, "You want to go down the ladder."

"I do."

"I'll watch you."


He put a toe on the top rung and found that the ladder moved a little with his weight, so he dropped into a crouch, a position that felt more secure to him, and which he assumed for the entirety of the decent, a cautious, focused, step-by-step, hand-over-hand process. 


When he got to the bottom, I said, "You went down the ladder."

And he answered, "You watched me."


I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the simplicity of this interaction and how you shared it, Tom.

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

A sweet story about striking the perfect balance in the way we nurture our children.